'When we recognise the virtues, the talent, the beauty of Mother Earth, something is born in us, some kind of connection, love is born.'
Thich Nhat Hanh
In the lead up to Mother’s Day we wanted to take a moment to celebrate Mother Earth for providing us with all the resources we could ever need and that we, unfortunately, take for granted at times. We cannot gift the earth material possessions but we can show our gratitude and vow to take measures to alleviate pressure on its resources and help it continue to flourish for future generations.
We’re grateful for…
1. Fresh air
2. Balmy sunsets
3. The inspiration the earth provides - we're especially thankful because Mother Earth has been the muse behind many of our favourite works of art (see: Henri Rousseau's “Tiger in a Tropical Storm" and Van Gogh's “Irises")
6. The changing seasons
7. The smell before the rain
8. Cool breezes on warm Summer days
9. The way the sun's rays shine on the earth
10. The feel of bare feet on grass
We vow to…
1. Use reusable bags.
2. Plant more trees!
3. Use cloth napkins.
4. Take public transportation more often.
5. Use reusable water bottles, plates and cutlery.
6. Take shorter showers.
7. Find new uses for our pre-loved wears .
8. Support earth-friendly brands.
9. Line dry our clothes.
10. Encourage others to make their lives a little more environmentally friendly.
Happy Mother's Day from everyone here at Fortunate One! We hope you have a wonderful time celebrating every person who fulfils that role in your life.
(Image sources - in order of appearance on our Insta story)
(Banner image sources)