Hear the birds sing, the warmth of the sun wrap around the world and get ready for a new day. Every day is a new time for you to become an even better version of yourself, to truly do so you need to begin the morning with a good meal. So opt for these overnight oats that you can eat with no troubles in the early AM, focus on other things instead of stressing over what to eat. A hot glass of coffee, overnight oats, all while overlooking the beautiful array of nature outside your front door - sounds like heaven to us. The best part about overnight oats is that the base recipe is the same for all of them, just depends on what toppings you desire - have a look at the base recipe below.
⅓ cup old-fashioned oats or gluten-free oats
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1 tablespoon almond or peanut butter
⅓ cup of your favourite milk
½ cup of your favourite fruits (optional)
Sprinkle of crushed chocolate (optional)
Drizzle of maple syrup or honey (optional)
Small mason jars
- Combine the oats, cinnamon, chia seeds and nut butter in a mason jar.
- Add a bit of the milk and mix all of the ingredients together.
- Add the rest of the milk and stir everything one more time to combine.
- Top with your preferred fruit or chocolate (or both like banana + chocolate).
- Place lid on top and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve with a drizzle of honey or maple syrup, if you like it sweeter.