If you read our previous blog post and are following us on Instagram, you probably know that we are ocean lovers! There is nothing more refreshing than going for a walk to watch the sunrise or the sunset (for the nighthawks) and having a swim.
Sydney offers some of the most beautiful beaches around the world and we are so lucky to be able to enjoy each of them.
Here are a few of our favourites:
- Camp Cove: Just a short walk from Watsons Bay, this is one of the nicest beaches near the city. You will love the clear water which is perfect for snorkeling. Round off a perfect day-trip with an ice cream or cool drink from the nearby kiosk!
- Milk Beach: Tiny but cutie! If you want to avoid busy, crowded beaches we recommend this charming place! It feels so intimate and relaxing. Unroll the picnic rug and enjoy a leisurely lunch while taking in the spectacular harbour views and city skyline
- Bronte: Hugged by the headlands and surrounded by a perfect picnicking park, Bronte is one of the loveliest and most accessible city beaches. Quiet and unpretentious, it's the perfect place to dive into the water after the coastal walk from Bondi. We particularly appreciate its rockpool which is so pleasant for the ones who are not a fan of big waves!
- Shelly Beach: You can get to this secluded cove by walking south along Manly's main street. The perfect spot to take a picnic, surrounded by bush, filled with exotic fish and convenient enough to get to by ferry. Surf at Fairy Bower, one of the Sydney's best surf breaks on its day, or swim the Cole Classic, Australia's largest ocean swim.
- Tamarama: This narrow strip of sand between the headlands at Tamarama has an air of luxurious seclusion, rare for a city beach and especially surprising given its proximity to the busiest beach in the country, Bondi Beach. The mesmerizing ranks gather here to sunbathe, and the left-hand reef break will have you contending with some of the city's best surfers and bodyboarders if you want to catch a wave.
Where will you head to this weekend?
Let us know what are your favourite beaches in the world, here via DM.